Condition Assessment Wall Chart: Extending Asset Life
"Extending Asset Life" is packed with practical, usable information to help utility personnel maintain:
- Pump Stations
- Water and Wastewater Facilities
- Water Storage Reservoirs
Condition assessment is the core of a well run utility management program. It determines the state of a utility's assets and enables the utility to collect standardized data that can be used to optimize maintenance strategies. This brand new condition assessment wall chart includes a combination of reference tools and guidance information to help utilities:
- Extend asset life: Replacement is expensive and condition assessment can identify action to extend an asset's remaining useful life.
- Reduce incidence of failure: Unexpected asset failure has adverse consequences beyond replacement cost. Condition assessment is a proactive management technique to avoid the adverse consequences of sudden failure.
- Save money: Over the life of an asset, proactive condition assessment, followed by targeted maintenance, costs significantly less than reactive repairs due to unexpected, catastrophic failures.
- Protect public health and safety: Condition assessment may reduce contamination due to main breaks, SSOs or CSOs, and may identify water quality issues in reservoirs. Condition assessment may reduce contamination due to main breaks and identify water quality issues in reservoirs.
The chart outlines a standard condition assessment project flow, includes clear tables of assessment tools for both pressure and gravity pipelines, information on both steel and concrete water reservoir corrosion protection, facility assessment codes and standards, and a primer on pump station trending as a condition assessment tool.
In today's budget-conscious world, it's critical to keep infrastructure operating both safely and well for as long as possible. Our chart's theme, "Extending Asset Life," is a reflection of this environment, where maintaining what you have is more important than ever.