First-Ever Envision™ Project Award - William Jack Hernandez Sport Fish Hatchery
HDR became the first firm ever to officially register a project – the William Jack Hernandez Sport Fish Hatchery – with the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure with the intent of receiving an Envision™ certification.
The HDR-designed project received an Envision™ Gold project award. Read News Release
About the William Jack Hernandez Sport Fish Hatchery
The 141,000-square-foot William Jack Hernandez Sport Fish Hatchery is the heart of Alaska's sport fish stocking program and the largest indoor sport fish hatchery in North America.
- Includes more than 100 fish rearing tanks
- Raises Chinook and Coho salmon, rainbow trout, Arctic char, and Arctic grayling
- Produces more than six million fish per year
- Stocks 200 different locations
- State-of-the-art water recirculation technologies use approximately five percent of the water and energy required in a conventional hatchery
Contact Us to learn more about we can help you achieve your sustainability goals.