Advanced Measurement Laboratory
The mission of the Advanced Measurement Laboratory (AML) is simply to be the best measurement laboratory in the world.
This facility offers an unprecedented combination of features designed to virtually eliminate environmental interferences, including special isolated concrete slabs, underground laboratories, and stringent temperature and humidity controls.
No building has yet achieved concurrent stability in temperature, vibration and power to the degree that this project does. For controlling each of these environmental variables and integrating all of these criteria into a single space, the building won Laboratory of the Year High Honors in 2005.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 536,000 SF (29,860 m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Cleanroom, Instrument Laboratory, Metrology Laboratory, Nanoscale Laboratory, Physical Science Laboratory
- Project Type: Controlled Environment, Federal, Government and Institutional, Nanotechnology, Science + Technology
- Related Projects: Architecture, Federal, Federal Architecture, Physical Sciences, Science + Technology
- Related Links: