Alexandria Police Department Headquarters
The new headquarters consolidates the services of three existing facilities into one central location for approximately 500 law enforcement personnel. The four-story headquarters accommodates an advanced criminal investigations laboratory, secure property and evidence storage, dedicated community meeting area and a state-of-the-art emergency communications center shared by the city's police and fire departments. The spaces are arranged around a public atrium that provides natural daylight throughout the occupied floors and serves as the main entrance to the facility. The project is LEED Gold certified.
The project is being completed in association with PSA-Dewberry.
- 2012 Excellence in Design Awards, Government Category - Environmental Design + Construction Magazine
- Sustainable Features: LEED Certified
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 124,000 SF
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Sustainable Design Consulting
- Project Components: Data/Communications Center, Evidence Triage Unit, Forensic Laboratory, Latent Prints Lab, Multipurpose Space, Office Space, Photography Studio, Security Operations, Trace Evidence Laboratory, Vehicle Examination Area, Visitor Lobby
- Project Type: Administration Building, Enforcement, Forensics, Public Safety
- Related Projects: Architecture, Civic, Enforcement, Forensics, Governmental, Justice
- Related Links: