Beneficial Reuse of Coal Ash
A fast-track mine conversion provides some much needed regional CCR capacity.
That was the goal the client set forth when they brought us on board. So we went to work developing design and construction plans, along with two state environmental agency permit applications for the coal combustion product structural fill reclamation of two soil mine sites.
Alongside the client, we designed composite-lined containment systems, leachate collection and handling, stability analyses and operations plans to enable use of a structural fill that beneficially reuses coal ash. And in just four months we secured draft permits and set to work on design and construction at the sites.
The design covers roughly 230 acres with 20 million cubic yards of coal combustion product over the course of several years. With construction operating 24/7, coal ash management in the region is more environmentally sound.
- Type of Construction: New Construction, Renovation
- Professional Services: Air Permitting, Civil Engineering, Conceptual Design, Construction Administration, Construction Management, Construction Monitoring, Design Development, Development, Monitoring & Maintenance, Engineering, Engineering & Design, Final Design, Geotechnical, Permit Application, Permit Assistance, Permitting, Regulatory Compliance, Site Design, Structural Engineering, Structure and Drainage Design, Transportation Logistics
- Project Components: Coal-Fired Technology, Environmental Assessement, Environmental Impact Statement
- Project Type: Coal-Fired Plants
- Related Projects: Power Generation, Solid Waste Facilities & Landfills