HELIOS Hospital Group is one of the largest providers of medical inpatient and outpatient care in Europe. The Berlin-Buch Hospital project consisted of a 1,000 bed new hospital complex at the historic Berlin-Buch site, consolidating numerous clinics, institutes and departments under one roof. The hospital consists of six wards, all connected by a main thoroughfare and designed around an expansive atrium filled with patient and visitor amenities. Glass is used extensively throughout the building to promote transparency, warm wood tones and vibrant colors enliven the interiors, and patient units are flexible and multi-functional to change based on demand.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 52,000 m² (560,000 SF)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Medical Equipment Planning, Planning, Wayfinding Planning & Design
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Emergency/Trauma Care Center, Healthcare, Surgery Center
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare
- Related Links: