Bethesda Heart Institute
Taking design inspiration from the nearby Atlantic Ocean, the Bethesda Heart Institute features a signature curved exterior and contemporary wave-like interiors that make this hospital an iconic symbol for the cutting-edge cardiovascular care it delivers. Considered a "heart hospital within a hospital," the new heart institute is a part of Bethesda Memorial Hospital, but it has its own separate identity.
With a focus on health and wellness, the new facility includes a noninvasive cardiac testing lab, two cardiac catheterization labs, an electrophysiology lab, and two new open-heart operating suites. It houses 39 beds with 16 private cardiac intensive care beds and 23 cardiovascular telemetry patient rooms. A healing garden, bubble glass fixtures and a three-dimensional wave wall that extends from the first lobby through both waiting rooms and the roof, combine to make this facility one-of-a-kind.
- Type of Construction: Addition, Expansion, New Construction
- Size: 87,000 SF (8,082 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Construction Administration, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Master Planning, Planning, Programming, Site Design, Structural Engineering
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Atrium/Lobby, Cardiology, Cath Labs, Healing Garden, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Medical/Surgical Beds, Reception/Lobby, Staff Lounge
- Project Type: Cardiac Center
- Related Projects: Architecture, Healthcare, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: