Boise Airport Customs and Border Protection Facility
Working with multiple stakeholders, HDR designed the new and unique Customs and Border Protection Facility at the Boise Airport. The main terminal facility is able to accommodate both international and domestic airline flights, while a separate building addresses national security and customs/immigration passenger arrivals. The 25,000-square-foot facility provides a one-story solution to meet existing needs, with a future passenger concourse with integrated vertical circulation and services to handle future concourse build-out. Features include a large queuing area, public restrooms, administration offices, screening booths, baggage claim area, baggage carousel and delivery system, detention spaces, computer and communications room, laboratory, baggage examination area, storage space, and a covered exterior exit walkway. Planning for a future ramp and jet bridge, passenger concourse and an aircraft parking apron were also included.
- Type of Construction: Addition, Expansion
- Size: 25,000 SF
- Professional Services: Architecture, Charrette, Conceptual Design, Engineering, Engineering & Design, Interior Design, MEP Engineering, Planning, Programming, Security Consulting, Structural Engineering
- Project Components: Assembly Space, Break Area, Conference Room, Data/Communications Center, Holding Cell, Multipurpose Space, Office Space, Secure Detention, Waiting Room, Weapons Storage
- Project Type: Airports, Border Patrol Station, Public Safety
- Related Projects: Architecture, Aviation, Defense