Byrd Alzheimer's Institute
The Alzheimer's Center & Research Institute is one of the premier freestanding institutes in the world devoted exclusively to the cure of Alzheimer's disease.
Research activities and clinical trials are conducted in the lab tower, and high-tech flexible research laboratory modules have been developed specifically for Alzheimer's research. A glass "ribbon" of office space for the institute's principal investigators lines the lab tower.
A key feature of the Institute is the "cube," a metaphorical symbol of both the complexity and the centrality of the mind. At night the cube glows, exposing the expressionist art within.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 108,000 SF (10,030m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Atrium, Clinical Research Laboratory, Clinical Space, Community Space, Educational Space, Offices
- Project Type: Academic, Healthcare, Science + Technology, Translational Health Science
- Related Projects: Architecture, Science & Technology, Translational Health Sciences