Calgary Courts Centre
HDR, as part of a consortium of Canadian firms, worked with Alberta Infrastructure to combine Calgary's Court of Appeal, the Court of Queen's Bench and four divisions of the Provincial Court into one campus. The consolidation was one of the largest Public-Private Partnership projects undertaken in North America.
We created a four-phase developer selection process for this monumental project. The process included an Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Invitation to Negotiate (ITN). HDR also produced the projects "bridging documents" that conceptually described the requirements for the new courts facility. The project received a citation in the Justice Facilities Review 2009.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 1.1 million SF (102,193m2)
- Professional Services: Bridging, Owner's Representation, P3 Project Representation, Programming, RFP Preparation, Security Consulting
- Project Components: Courtroom, Judges' Chambers, Office Space, Support Spaces
- Project Type: Courthouse, Justice
- Related Projects: Architecture, Courts, Justice
- Related Links: