Central Washington Hospital
Standing tall in the shadows of the Wenatchee Mountain range is Confluence Health Central Washington Hospital's new six-story patient tower. The $125 million tower, which is now the tallest building in Wenatchee, Washington, is a seamless blend of architecture, staff efficiencies and family-centered care. The tower is one of the most evidence-based hospitals in HDR's portfolio, and a true "smart" hospital, exuding the latest in healthcare technology.
The design of the facility was inspired by Scandinavian architecture and regional buildings and materials. Beyond simply the aesthetics, every design detail was heavily influenced by evidence-based principles, including the use of same-handed and acuity-adaptable patient rooms, an abundance of family areas, and specialty rooms equipped for bariatric patient care. Decentralized nurse stations were implemented to bring nurses closer to patients, and nurse servers house all patient supplies near the bedside. Technology was also a driving force in the facility design, and the hospital invested more than $13 million in the latest medical equipment and technology, including ASCOM Phones, EMR Whiteboards, high-tech patient beds, a simulation room, and nurse locators.
- 2012 Silver IDEA Award, Healthcare Design - International Interior Design Association (IIDA), Great Plains Chapter
- 2012 Honorable Mention - Technology in Architectural Practice (TAP) Building Information Model (BIM) Awards, American Institute of Architecture
- 2012 Best Project, Safety Category - ENR Northwest, Best Projects contest
- Type of Construction: Addition, Expansion, New Construction
- Size: 190,000 SF (17,651 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Construction Administration, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Site Design
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Atrium/Lobby, Decentralized Nurse Stations, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Medical/Surgical Beds, Parking, Surgery (inpatient), Wellness Center
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Healthcare Consulting
- Related Links: