Chemical Biology Building
The "centerpiece" on the campus quadrangle, the Chemical Biology Building, accommodates the emerging trend towards interdisciplinary theme-based teaching and research methods.
Modular research suites enable simultaneous biology and chemistry research on each floor, fostering collaboration among various groups.
The tower is formed as a simple oval to bring daylight into an open courtyard, which will be developed as a campus amenity and connect to adjacent buildings on several levels.
Ultimately, this interior courtyard will connect researchers to physicians, clinicians, and medical students from a new hospital and associated residential development, enabling informal transdisciplinary interaction: the foundation of translational health science.
- Sustainable Features: BREEAM Very Good, Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency, Low-Emitting Materials, Occupant Lighting Control, Occupant Thermal Control, Photovoltaics, Public Transportation Access, Renewable Energy On-site, Water Use Reduction
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 220,000 SF (20,440 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Atrium, Biology Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, Classroom, Courtyard, Dining/Café, Exhibit Space, Lecture Hall, Offices, Retail, Student Services, Vivarium
- Project Type: Academic Building, Basic and Applied Science Facilities, Higher Education, Research Laboratory, Science + Technology, Translational Health Science
- Related Projects: Academic, Architecture, Life Sciences, Research, Science & Technology, Translational Health Sciences