Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Hospital
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Hospital (CCAD), located on Al Sowah Island near the heart of the city, will offer advanced medical technologies, high-performance facility design and unprecedented levels of patient-centered care. A village concept theme reinforces the Cleveland Clinic's desire to establish a new sense of community at this Middle Eastern location.
The centerpiece building provides a gathering place, and the smaller surrounding structures house medical specializations. Key departmental groupings create beneficial efficiencies for staff, and skillfully employed wayfinding elements with sleek glass walls and color-coding replace typical winding hallways. Indoor water elements and abundant glazing (with stunning views of rooftop gardens) provide an atmosphere that promotes wellness and recovery.
- Sustainable Features: Alternative Energy, Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency, Erosion & Sedimentation Control, LEED Registered, Low-Emitting Materials, Water Efficient Landscaping, Water Use Reduction
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 2,300,000 SF (213,676 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Conceptual Design, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Master Planning, Planning, Pre-Design, Site Design, Sustainable Design Consulting
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Ambulatory Services, Atrium/Lobby, Cardiology, Clinical Laboratory and Phlebotomy, Dining Area/Café, Emergency Department, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Healing Garden, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Meditation Space, Office Space, Oncology, Outpatient Clinic, Parking, Research, Surgery (inpatient), Transplant
- Project Type: Academic Medical Center, Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Campus Master Plan, Emergency/Trauma Care Center, Medical Office Building
- Related Projects: Academic, Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Healthcare Consulting, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: