College of Public Affairs and Community Service (CPACS)
A former engineering building, the new College of Public Affairs and Community Service has been transformed into a contemporary home for the various schools, departments and divisions that were previously scattered around the UNO campus. The building was completely redesigned, stripped to its foundation and modernized inside and out.
To support the college's desire for an open, interactive environment that emphasizes its outreach, the interior includes collaboration commons, seminar and meeting rooms and multi-purpose classrooms and office where the emphasis is on space separated by light and glass. "Storefronts" for each of the college's various units are glass partitions that, while echoing the themes of transparency and openness, contain images that convey the mission, purpose and value of the particular unit.
- Sustainable Features: Building Reuse, Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency
- Type of Construction: Renovation
- Size: 120,000 SF (11,148.2 m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering
- Project Components: Auditorium, Classroom, Collaborative Spaces, Conference Rooms, Higher Education Project Components, Lecture Hall, Lounge Area, Offices
- Project Type: Academic Building
- Related Projects: Academic, Architecture, Teaching