Delbrook Community Recreation Centre
The new Delbrook Community Recreation Centre replaces two of North Vancouver's aging recreation facilities, consolidating the services of the old William Griffin and Delbrook facilities into one modern recreation center. The project is constructed on the site of the old William Griffin Community Recreation Centre.
The site presented several challenges, including stream setback issues, along with preserving the existing uses for the site. Mosquito Creek, a salmon-bearing stream that flows through a treed area with walking trails, is located on the west side of the site and an existing artificial turf field also had to remain operational during construction.
The project includes a 25-meter, six-lane pool, plus leisure pool; racquet sport courts; fitness center; gymnasium; North Vancouver Recreation Commission offices; leased space; and artificial turf field
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 84,500 SF (7,850 SM)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Design, Interior Design, Programming
- Project Components: Aquatics Center, Arts & Crafts Room, Atrium/Lobby, Child Minding, Childcare, Fitness Center, Gymnasium, Office Space, Senior Center, Youth Center
- Project Type: Community Center
- Related Projects: Architecture, Sport & Recreation