Dong-A Research & Development Facility
Chinese Translation 项目中文介绍 (PDF, 1.5MB)
A new high-tech, brightly colored, transparent façade creates a vibrant and memorable image for the improved and updated Dong-A Research and Development campus.
In addition to renovating the existing R&D facility, the design team connected a larger new facility with an above-ground glass entrance piece and a large two-story below-grade vivarium.
The campus accommodates the latest trends in new ways of working, with open labs, spacious light-filled offices, and amenities on every floor. Innovative heat recovery technology greatly increases energy efficiency.
- Sustainable Features: Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency
- Type of Construction: Addition, Renovation
- Size: 242,200 SF (22,500m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Amenity Spaces, Auditorium, Biology Laboratory, Cafeteria, Chemistry Laboratory, Fitness Center, Library, Lobby, Offices, Vivarium
- Project Type: Corporate, Science + Technology, Vivaria
- Related Projects: Architecture, Life Sciences, Science & Technology, Vivaria