Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech)
Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) is a new development in Dubai aimed to attract biotechnology research and development to the emirate. The park is the first free zone focused on the biotechnology industry, and an important component of the Crown Prince of Dubai's vision to transition his country to a knowledge-based economy.
The master plan includes three major areas of development: a headquarters piece containing scientific and administrative support; a bio-research and manufacturing piece containing flexible laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing facilities; and an academic piece containing an undergraduate teaching university. These components combine to form the new research community. Ultimately, the community will be comprised of over 30 million square feet of built space and corresponding infrastructure to align with the prince's vision for the development of a new international center for biotechnology.
The master plan supports the research community and promotes interaction among the corporate, research and academic sectors. A DNA motif is woven throughout the park, and is most obvious in the landscape design, where a meandering curvilinear form celebrates life within the desert.
The DuBiotech master plan was done in partnership with Parsons International.
- Sustainable Features: Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency, LEED Silver, Occupant Lighting Control, Occupant Thermal Control, Water Efficient Landscaping, Water Use Reduction
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 30,000,000 SF (2,790,000 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Master Planning, Planning
- Project Components: Biology Laboratory, Central Utility Plant, Community Space, Educational Space, Infrastructure, Manufacturing Facilities, Offices, Parking, Residential Space, Shelled Space, Spa
- Project Type: Basic and Applied Science Facilities, Corporate, Headquarters, Science + Technology, Science Park
- Related Projects: Architecture, Corporate, Science & Technology, Science Parks, Workplace