Durham Research Centers
The overriding priority in creating the Durham Research Centers was to create world-class facilities that paired function with aesthetics.
Both contain ample laboratory space that aid the growth of operations and research of the College of Medicine and the Eppley Cancer Institute, the Nebraska Public Health Lab, and the University of Nebraska Center for Biosecurity.
The design of the research laboratories is flexible for multidisciplinary and problem-based work, rather than focused on requirements of specific programs.
The towers complete the west entrance of the campus. The curved buildings echo the curve of the property, giving the towers a distinct look.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 528,500 SF (49,100 m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Atrium, Auditorium, BSL 2 Biocontainment, BSL 3 Biocontainment, Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research Laboratory, Cardiovacular Research Laboratory, Classroom, Conference Room, Genetics Laboratory, Genomics Laboratory, Immunology, Neurobiology, Offices, Vivarium
- Related Projects: Academic, Architecture, Life Sciences, Research, Science & Technology, Translational Health Sciences