East Carolina Heart Institute
East Carolina Heart Institute (ECHI) at Pitt County Memorial Hospital is devoted exclusively to the treatment, education and prevention of cardiovascular disease. A world-class facility for eastern North Carolina, the 168-bed facility provides a strategic connection between an existing hospital and an existing university medical school, allowing students direct access to specially-designed teaching environments. ECHI contains many outstanding features, not the least of which are two operating suites designed solely for advanced DaVinci robotic surgeries.
ECHI supports a redefined model of care for the treatment, research and education of cardiovascular illnesses. The building's design provides abundant space for desirable information-sharing among physicians, researchers, educators, students and staff. The full integration of clinical research and patient-centered care will ultimately lead to new scientific discoveries and the development of new clinical applications that will greatly benefit patients.
- Type of Construction: Addition, New Construction
- Size: 372,000 SF (34,559 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Master Planning, Medical Equipment Planning, Programming, Site Design, Structural Engineering, Wayfinding Planning & Design
- Project Components: Atrium/Lobby, Cardiology, Cath Labs, Decentralized Nurse Stations, Dining Area/Café, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit
- Project Type: Academic Medical Center, Cardiac Center
- Related Projects: Academic, Acute Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Healthcare Consulting, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: