Elbland Riesa Grossenhain Hospitals
The Elbland Riesa Grossenhain Hospital will be positioned on two locations. The inpatient acute care will be housed in Riesa, and rehabilitation and prevention services will be located in Grossenhain. The new six-floor hospital at Riesa will replace an aging facility. The facility will consist of multiple structures connected by bridges and an expansive glass atrium. A high degree of natural daylight and ventilation will be a benchmark of the building, and views and vistas will establish a connection to the environment and support a thorough orientation system within the building.
The new rehabilitation hospital at Grossenhain will include 125 beds spread out on five floors. The rehabilitation clinic is designed to create optimal navigation paths, giving patients of all disabilities freedom of movement. To avoid the stress that comes with long hospital stays, all aspects of the new building—including communal dining rooms, therapy gyms, and public amenities—are designed to lure patients out of their rooms and motivate them to manage their illnesses.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 15,000 m² (161,000 SF)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Medical Equipment Planning, Planning, Wayfinding Planning & Design
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Healthcare
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: