Ellis County Courts and Administrative Building
The goal for the new Courts and Administration building was to provide a single home for all county and court operations. The new building complements the grandeur of the historic courthouse and provides the county with ample space to serve current and future residents.
The exterior color palette takes its inspiration from the rich earth tones of the historic Ellis County Courthouse and the terra cotta brick found in the surrounding buildings in the town square. The windows and brick piers further reflect the patterns found in the vernacular of local architecture and are complemented by large stone arches defining the courtrooms and the main court entry.
The interiors of the building reflect a modest yet grand design. The main doorway is made of two 10-foot-tall custom wood doors that lead visitors into a two-story lobby featuring decorative terrazzo flooring, a decorative window, and a custom-designed balcony. The courtrooms feature custom millwork details above each door that include specialty lighting and backlit letters to enhance the aesthetic of the interiors.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 102,000 SF
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Programming, Security Consulting
- Project Components: Courtroom, Judges' Chambers, Jury Assembly Space, Library, Office Space, Support Spaces, Visitor Lobby
- Project Type: Administration Building, Courthouse
- Related Projects: Architecture, Courts, Justice