Hamilton Hall Chemistry Laboratory Renovation
As part of Phase I of a master plan that includes renovating the teaching labs, student resource center and stock/prep laboratories within the building, this state-of-the-art space is planned to be viable for the next 40 years. The updated lab creates an innovative studio-based environment that supports multiple teaching methods, including inquiry-based study, paired student learning and team learning, all in the same space. Designed to keep pace with enhanced teaching methods and to improve the student's learning experience, the upgraded laboratory invites students to learn and discover in a bright, quiet and comfortable space with views to the outdoors, resilient floors designed to ease standing for long periods, and collaborative work stations.
- Type of Construction: Renovation
- Size: 6,800 SF (650 m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Collaborative Spaces, Teaching Laboratory
- Project Type: Academic, Academic Building, Basic and Applied Science Facilities, Research Laboratory
- Related Projects: Academic, Architecture, Life Sciences, Science & Technology, Teaching