Hays County Government Center
The new Hays County Government Center features 10 courtrooms, along with ample space for other county departments such as Tax Assessor, District Attorney, Treasurer, County Clerk, District Clerk, Elections and Information Services.
Despite minimal existing built context, the modern/classical civic design solution creates a true "sense of place." A formal courthouse entrance plaza formalizes the main entrance to the building. This design approach helps provide organization to the site, making it easy for government center visitors to comprehend where they need to go once arriving at the site.
Strong organization and functional clarity are extremely important to the successful operation of government center facilities. Security features have been carefully incorporated into the design in a way that provides flexibility for future expansion. ATFP (anti-terrorism force protection) standards have been adhered to with regard to setbacks from the Court areas of the building.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 232,000 SF (21,550m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Planning
- Project Components: Atrium, Courtroom, Courtyard, Detention, Grand Jury Suite, Judges' Chambers, Jury Assembly Space, Library, Office Space, Sallyport, Secure Detention, Waiting Room
- Related Projects: Architecture, Civic, Courts, Justice
- Related Links: