Just a few yards from the national soccer stadium, Healthpoint is prominently located within a new mixed-use community in Abu Dhabi. The project set out to design a sustainable building which responded to this very public site while balancing the need for a calming, healing environment and a facility organized to provide an integrated multi-disciplinary healthcare facility to serve the community and region.
The new LEED Gold designed, 78-bed facility anchors a terminus of the community's central grand canal. Aimed at addressing a significant demand for specialist medical treatment in the region, the facility will provide multi-disciplinary health care services focused within three Centres—a Spine Centre; a Knee and Sports Medicine Centre; and a Wellness and Diagnostic Centre—within one unified building.
The facility maximizes patient and family access to nature, views and vibrant life and creates a building which reflects the importance of healthcare in modern, healthy communities.
- Sustainable Features: LEED Gold
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 600,000 SF (55,740 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Conceptual Design, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Master Planning, Planning, Programming, Site Design
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Ambulatory Services, Atrium/Lobby, Dental Clinic, Dietary, Dining Area/Café, Ear, Nose Throat (ENT), Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Medical/Surgical Beds, Occupational Therapy, Orthopedic, Outpatient Clinic, Pain Management Service, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, Respiratory Therapy, Surgery (inpatient), Surgery (outpatient), Wellness Center
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Medical Office Building
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Healthcare Planning, Specialty Centers