Helmholtz Diabetes Center
The Helmholtz Diabetes Center will be a four-story, multidisciplinary life science research center dedicated to diabetes research. The Biosafety Level 2 research facility will facilitate basic research, translational research, epidemiology and clinical applications in more than 50,000 SF (4,700 SM) of space. With about six million diagnosed diabetes cases and an estimated equally high number of unreported cases in Germany, the facility will act as a catalyst in curbing the diabetes epidemic in the country.
The estimated completion date for the project is spring 2016.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 6,500 m² (70,000 SF)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Construction Administration, Interior Design, Laboratory Design
- Project Type: Basic and Applied Science Facilities, Research & Development Facility, Science + Technology, Translational Health Science
- Related Projects: Architecture, Life Sciences, Public Health, Research, Translational Health Sciences
- Related Links: