Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
Located on a 74-acre greenfield site, the replacement hospital for Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center consists of three main components: a 144-bed community hospital, a 96-bed women's and children's hospital, and a central plant. Situated at the crossroads of major traffic arteries, Hillcrest is the county's only Level II Trauma Center.
Paying close attention to strict budgeting requirements, the HDR team designed a flexible and efficient facility distinguished by its ability to utilize shared space and staff resources. Decentralized nurse stations, healing gardens and "on-stage" and "off-stage" areas are among the design concepts that promote patient-centered care.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 470,200 SF (43,683 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Charrette, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Master Planning, Planning, Programming, Site Design, Structural Engineering
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Atrium/Lobby, Decentralized Nurse Stations, Dining Area/Café, Endoscopy, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Healing Garden, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR), Oncology, Radiology, Reception/Lobby, Rehabilitation, Surgery (inpatient)
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Campus Master Plan, Emergency/Trauma Care Center, Women’s Center
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: