Hollyburn Country Club Expansion and Renovation
Hollyburn Country Club is one of British Columbia's most prestigious private clubs. We designed a significant upgrade to its facilities and an added vibrant new space for its growing membership.
A significant infill project on a tight site, the addition required a thoughtful approach to create a contemporary aesthetic that fit into the context of the existing architecture. The result pulls together the multiple infill phases of the project into a comprehensive and unified facility. Blending a contemporary design to complement the existing buildings, great care was taken to maximize the spectacular, panoramic English Bay views.
Doubling the size of the fitness club, the first phase addition included a 25-meter lap pool, swimming pool, and massage therapy spa. The renovation included upgrades to a family change room, a new teen center, and multi-use rooms. Seismic and accessibility upgrades to the complex (the arena, in particular), created a new entry area, improved the arena service areas, and the social spaces for youths and children.
More recently, HDR | CEI completed a full renovation to the club change rooms and tennis centre. We are currently working on ongoing improvements to the club's ice arena.
- Sustainable Features: Daylighting & Views, Stormwater Management
- Type of Construction: Addition, Expansion, Renovation
- Size: 32,000 SF (2,973 SM)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Design, Interior Design
- Project Components: Aquatics Center, Atrium/Lobby, Fitness Center, Locker Room, Multipurpose Space, Tennis Center
- Project Type: Country Club
- Related Projects: Architecture, Sport & Recreation