International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory's new state-of-the-art research facility was commissioned by the governments of Portugal and Spain to foster interdisciplinary research in nanotechnology and nanoscience. HDR provided the basis of design, building services engineering, laboratory and cleanroom design, construction administration, and startup support services for the project. The laboratory is the first, and so far the only, fully international research organization in Europe in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Aiming to become a vital part of Europe's scientific industry, INL provides a high-tech research environment addressing major challenges in nanomedicine; nanotechnology applied to environmental and food control nanoelectronics; and nanomachines and molecular manipulation at nanoscale. The facility consists of more than 85,000 SF of advanced research and laboratory space housing the latest research technologies, including an expansive class 100/1000 central micro and nanofabrication clean room.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 85,000 SF (7,900m2)
- Professional Services: Basis of Design, Construction Administration, Laboratory Design, MEP Engineering, Startup Support
- Project Components: Biology Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, Cleanroom, Collaborative Space, Laboratory, Metrology Laboratory, Nanoscale Laboratory, Nanotechnology Incubator
- Project Type: Controlled Environment, Critical Environment, Nanotechnology, Science + Technology
- Related Projects: Architecture, Physical Sciences, Science & Technology