Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
The goal of the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN) is to be a world leader in interdisciplinary nanoscience research, education and outreach. JSNN is as a state-of-the-art research facility, bringing together industry and academic stakeholders to drive research and economic development in Greensboro, the Piedmont Triad, North Carolina and beyond, enabling diverse research activities by internal faculty and outside partners.
JSNN houses science and engineering researchers from both North Carolina A&T State University and The University of North Carolina Greensboro. The facility provides laboratory space to support research in biology, biochemistry and nutrition, electrical and mechanical engineering, and biophysics and biomedical engineering. The joint institution emphasizes nanomanufacturing research, exploring and developing processes that will enhance the generation of nanomaterials and fabrication of nanostructures.
The building includes specialized cleanroom, materials characterization and bio-containment facilities, as well as flexible space for additional specialized research. Laboratories are designed with a minimum of internal walls, promoting openness and visibility throughout. The facility has earned LEED Gold certification.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 105,000 SF (9,750m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Amenity Spaces, Atrium, Auditorium, Biocontainment, Classroom, Cleanroom, Collaborative Spaces, Conference Room, Conference Rooms, High Containment, Laboratory, Lecture Hall, Manufacturing Facilities, Material Science Laboratory, Nanoscale Laboratory, Nanoscale Research Laboratory
- Project Type: Academic, Containment, Critical Environment, Government and Institutional, Nanotechnology, Science + Technology, Science Park
- Related Projects: Physical Sciences, Research, Science Parks
- Related Links: