Lee County T.K. Davis Detention Center Expansion
The T.K Davis Detention Center, located in Lee County, Alabama, has seen a steady growth rate since 1983.
HDR created a 10-year, four-phase master plan to develop the 84,000-square-foot facility to its relative capacity. The plan includes relocation of the Sheriff 's and Jail Administration, a new Kitchen and Laundry to serve the addition and existing jail, new Intake and support services, and a new 192-bed housing pod. The visiting public is redirected to a second entrance, improving overall site circulation and security.
Future phases will implement plans for the renovation of some key areas within the Courthouse and the Jail. The Clerk of Court's Office will be relocated to an addition at the north end of the existing Courthouse, while the District Attorney's Office will expand into the area vacated by the Clerk. A new, large, and multi-purpose courtroom is planned on the south end, along with renovations that will relocate the Family Court. Within the existing jail, functional areas that have moved in Phase One will be converted to medical areas or utilized to complement the older housing units with added program space. Longer term, the plan adds additional courts, and two additional pods, for a total of 800 inmates.
- Type of Construction: Expansion, New Construction
- Size: 84,000 SF | 192 Beds
- Professional Services: Architecture, Design Development, Engineering, MEP Engineering, Master Planning, Programming, Security Consulting, Structural Engineering
- Project Components: Holding Cell, Housing, Indirect Supervision, Inmate Housing, Maximum Security Housing, New Intake and Release Area, Sallyport, Secure Detention, Video Visitation
- Project Type: Detention, Enforcement, Jail, Justice
- Related Projects: Architecture, Detention, Enforcement, Justice