Manulife Financial Tower, 980 Howe Street
LEED Gold certified, the Manulife Office tower at 980 Howe is a highly sustainable 16-story building and a model of clean, contemporary office design in downtown Vancouver. The facility provides 245,000 square feet of leasable office space over street level retail. Adjacent to Vancouver's downtown entertainment district, the office development is located within three blocks of the City Centre Canada Line station with a direct link to Vancouver International Airport.
Designed in association with Endall Elliot Associates, the all-glass building incorporates innovative features to reduce solar heat gain and ensure energy efficiency, while preserving transparency and a sense of openness. A subtle layering of light colors and textures helps the building achieve a simple, almost minimalist expression.
Building amenities include a shared penthouse meeting room on the 16th floor, complete with roof terraces. Floor-to-floor glass incorporates high performance glazing in conjunction with high efficiency mechanical heating and cooling system and electrical systems.
- Sustainable Features: Carbon Dioxide Monitoring, Energy Conservation, Energy Efficiency, Energy Management Plan, LEED Gold, Reclaimed Water, Water Use Reduction
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Professional Services: Architecture
- Project Components: Civic Project Components, Conference Room, Office Space, Outdoor Gathering Space
- Project Type: Civic, Commercial Office Buildings, Corporate, Retail Center
- Related Projects: Architecture, Civic, Commercial Office, Retail & Mixed-Use