Mark and Elisia Saab Emerging Technologies & Innovation Center
The Mark and Elisia Saab Emerging Technologies and Innovation Center (ETIC) is the first new academic building constructed on the Lowell University of Massachusetts campus in over 30 years. A cornerstone building, it creates a gateway to the campus, and bring Lowell's historical significance as a center of manufacturing, from its prominence in textile manufacturing in the 1800s, into the 21st century.
The center is expected to spawn entire new industries, particularly in nano-manufactuing, as well as propel life sciences companies from research and development into full-scale production. Located in the center of an important high-tech region, the center fosters public/private partnerships as well as collaboration among students, faculty and the local scientific community. ETIC has achieved LEED Gold certification.
- 2013 Award of Merit Waterbury Award for Outdoor Lighting - Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Illumination Awards
- Sustainable Features: Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency, LEED Gold, Low-Emitting Materials, Water Use Reduction
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 97,000 SF (9,000 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: Amenity Spaces, Cleanroom, Collaborative Space, Collaborative Spaces, Nanoscale Laboratory, Nanoscale Research Laboratory, Offices
- Project Type: Academic, Controlled Environment, Critical Environment, Higher Education, Nanotechnology, Research Laboratory
- Related Projects: Academic, Architecture, Physical Sciences, Research, Science & Technology