Methodist Women's Hospital
Sitting high on Omaha's western horizon, the new Methodist Women's Hospital is an inspiration for women's health. The 116-bed facility and a companion medical office building sit on 33 acres just inside the entrance to an upscale suburban neighborhood.
The front lobby, reminiscent of a fine hotel or a spa lobby, features a ceiling-high water feature and custom-made, circular drum light fixtures. A glass staircase leads from the lobby to the second floor and the lit stair tower becomes a beacon at night as the hospital.
Same-handed patient rooms have all the amenities of a hospitality experience, including large-tiled bathrooms with a large vanity and mirror, hair dryer, safe, an HDR-designed clock and message center, all surrounded by coco maple and dark walnut cabinetry. Shades of amethyst, jade and sapphire add to generous incoming daylight and beautiful views.
Meticulous gardens and sweeping landscape design enhance healing and become part of a calming, nurturing experience.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: Hospital: 290,000 SF (26,941 m²); Medical Office Building: 153,000 SF (14,214 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Master Planning, Programming
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Central Sterile, Chapel, Decentralized Nurse Stations, Dining Area/Café, Emergency Department, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Healing Garden, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR), Laboratory, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Nursery, Oncology, Outpatient Clinic, Pediatric, Pharmacy, Surgery (inpatient)
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Campus Master Plan, Emergency/Trauma Care Center, Medical Office Building, Women’s Center
- Related Projects: Healthcare, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: