New York State Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratory
The AIA Award-winning Animal Health Diagnostic Center at Cornell University is the only full-service multidisciplinary animal disease diagnostic facility in New York State.
The center accommodates the work of more than 200 people who were previously housed in 12 locations, collocating laboratories for microbiology, clinical and analytical services, and anatomical pathology.
Building orientation, heat recovery, and reduced air change rates allow the building to operate using half the energy of similar buildings of this type.
- Sustainable Features: Daylighting & Views, Energy Efficiency, LEED Gold
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 130,000 SF
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Planning
- Project Components: BSL 2 Biocontainment, BSL 3 Biocontainment, Biology Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, Conference Room, Immunology, Offices, Physical Science Laboratory, Teaching Laboratory, Vivarium
- Project Type: Basic and Applied Science Facilities, Higher Education, Research Laboratory, Science + Technology, Vivaria
- Related Projects: Academic, Architecture, Life Sciences, Research, Science & Technology
- Related Links: