In order to continue the quality of care for which it was known, Reid Hospital & Health Care Services established a new healthcare campus that included a free-standing rehabilitation facility, a medical office building, an outpatient care center and a replacement hospital—together totaling nearly 800,000-SF with a project cost of $318 million.
Using technology, efficiency and healing environments as top priorities, the design of these connected buildings is seamless from a patient's perspective, while departmental adjacencies maximize operational efficiencies for staff. The design intention—to create a calming healthcare setting on a richly landscaped site—is carried out through features such as the extensive use of glass to maximize natural light and take advantage of the views to the surrounding wooded areas. Designers used evidence-based design concepts to enhance patient control and privacy as well as increase family participation.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 750,000 SF (69,677 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Master Planning, Programming, Site Design
- Project Components: Cardiology, Chapel, Emergency Department, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR), Laboratory, Oncology, Outpatient Clinic, Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, Surgery (inpatient), Surgery (outpatient)
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Campus Master Plan, Medical Office Building
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Healthcare Consulting
- Related Links: