St George’s University of London Jenner Building Renovation
St. George's University of London is a dual faculty institution offering medicine, bio-medical sciences and health and social care sciences. HDR refurbished several research laboratories and associated support spaces, including private offices and open work spaces in its Jenner Building.
HDR's role was a part of a wider refurbishment program designed by Penoyre and Prasad. The vision for the overall project was to increase knowledge sharing and improve the way people work—transforming individual offices, long corridors and visually enclosed labs to open-plan shared spaces that encourage collaboration. As medical research and teaching require highly controlled environmental conditions, HDR was commissioned to design laboratory spaces that would support the research-intensive institution and integrate researchers from different disciplines and research areas.
- Type of Construction: Renovation
- Size: 31,528 SF (2,930 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Laboratory Design
- Project Components: Collaborative Space, Equipment Lab, Flow Lab, Insectarium, Laboratory, Microscopy, Offices, Teaching Laboratory, Tissue Culture
- Project Type: Controlled Environment, Science + Technology
- Related Projects: Architecture, Life Sciences, Science & Technology