U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys Hospital and Ambulatory Care Center
Evolving from a concept approved at the 2007 design charrette, the building is organized as three distinct masses, with a central cylindrical public core that joins an inpatient, ancillary and support wing with an outpatient clinical wing.
The six-story hospital and ambulatory care center includes all major hospital functions such as: emergency, radiology, surgery, pharmacy, nutrition services, logistics and administrative services and serves 68 patients all in private rooms arranged for flexible multi-care, women's and infant and psychiatric nursing units.
A large outpatient facility is a central focus and is served by a dozen specialized outpatient clinics arranged in flexible clinic modules and located for functional adjacencies with hospital services. There are 1,900 parking spaces provided on the medical campus, including a 1,000 car parking structure. A free-standing Central Utility Plant (CUP) supports the hospital with primary utility services.
This facility is being designed according to LEED Silver standards.
- Sustainable Features: Bike Racks, Bioswales, Brownfield Redevelopment, Building Reuse, Carbon Neutral, Construction Waste Management, Daylighting & Views, Design Charrette, Energy Conservation, Energy Efficiency, Energy Management Plan, Erosion & Sedimentation Control, Federal Energy Mandates, Green Cleaning, Green Guide to Healthcare, Green Roof, Heat Island Reduction Strategies, Hybrid Fleet Vehicles, IAQ Testing, LEED Registered, Light Pollution Reduction, Local/Regional Materials, Measurement & Verification, Occupant Lighting Control, Occupant Thermal Control, Public Transportation Access, Rapidly-renewable Materials, Recycled-content Materials, Recycling , Stormwater Management, Sustainable Return on Investment, Water Efficient Landscaping, Water Use Reduction
- Type of Construction: New Construction, Replacement
- Size: 410,000 SF (38,090m2)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Commissioning, Design Development, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Master Planning, Medical Equipment Planning, Schematic Design, Security Consulting, Signage & Wayfinding, Site Design, Sustainable Design Consulting
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Ambulatory Services, Atrium/Lobby, Cardiology, Cath Labs, Central Sterile, Chapel, Clinical Laboratory and Phlebotomy, Conference Room, Decentralized Nurse Stations, Dental Clinic, Dining Area/Café, Ear, Nose Throat (ENT), Educational Space, Emergency Department, Endoscopy, Gastroenterology, Gift Shop, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Healing Garden, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Interventional Laboratory, Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR), Labor-Delivery-Recovery-Postpartum (LDRP), Laboratory, Library, Medical/Surgical Beds, Meditation Space, Morgue, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Neurology, Nuclear Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Office Space, On-stage/Off-stage Circulation, Oncology, Orthopedic, Outpatient Clinic, Pain Management Service, Parking, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Psychiatric, Pulmonary, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Respiratory Therapy, Speech Therapy, Staff Lounge, Surgery (inpatient), Surgery (outpatient)
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Behavorial Health Center, Campus Master Plan, Design-Build, Federal, Healthcare, Military
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Federal, Federal Architecture, Healthcare, Specialty Centers