West Fraser Centre
The new arena replaces an existing arena in the city of Quesnel. The existing District Twin Arenas facility was constructed in the late 1950s and no longer meets the needs of the region's residents. Designed to be a focal point for the community, it not only meets ice programming needs, but will also serve as a venue for live entertainment, trade shows and community events. The new NHL-sized ice pad is outfitted with a home-team dressing room and multi-purpose spaces.
Since forestry is a major industry in Quesnel, it was extremely important to community stakeholders to ensure that wood products were incorporated into the facility's design.
- Sustainable Features: Local/Regional Materials
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 60,000 SF (5,574 SM)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Design, Interior Design, Programming
- Project Components: Ice Arena, Locker Room, Multipurpose Space
- Project Type: Sports Arena
- Related Projects: Architecture, Sport & Recreation