Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Franklin
The Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Center is a multi-disciplinary and specialty healthcare facility designed for the increasing needs of the midpatient and outpatient community. The facility is an "outpatient center with beds," having 16 overnight beds, and therefore being licensed as a hospital. It was conceived for patients with a length of stay less than 72 hours and offers the latest technologies and resources to provide efficient and quality healthcare.
Located on 54 acres of gently rolling land, the building pays homage to the rural nature of the Franklin community. The exterior and interior design is loosely based on the Prairie School philosophy, which has its roots in Wisconsin. Stain glass windows, wood features, and intimately-scaled light fixtures break away from traditional institutional environments and create home-inspired healing spaces. Environmentally-friendly design solutions are also found throughout the hospital per the Green Guide for Healthcare.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: Outpatient Center: 188,000 SF (17,466 m²); MOB: 57,000 SF (5,295 m²); Shelled Space: 30,000 SF (2,787 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Site Design
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Atrium/Lobby, Cardiology, Conference Room, Dining Area/Café, Emergency Department, Endoscopy, Gift Shop, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Rehabilitation, Surgery (inpatient)
- Project Type: Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Cardiac Center, Emergency/Trauma Care Center, Medical Office Building
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Healthcare
- Related Links: