WuXi AppTec Pre-clinical Toxicology Facility
Chinese Translation 项目中文介绍 (PDF, 1.1MB)
This free-standing toxicology facility allows WuXi AppTec, China's leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D outsourcing company, to assist drug discovery initiatives for a full range of pre-clinical studies. Featuring two stories of vivaria and six stories of supporting laboratories and offices, the facility is designed to adapt to the changing goals of WuXi's customers.
Despite catering to mostly American and European clients, the site location was selected and inspired by the practice of Feng Shui. The interlocking zinc planes of the building's exterior further re-imagine the traditional balance between nature and science, as does the water feature at the base of the atrium. The facility, at 314,000 square feet, is the largest of its kind in Asia.
- Size: 314,000 SF (29,170m2)
- Professional Services: Planning, Schematic Design
- Project Components: Biology Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, Collaborative Space, Offices, Vivarium
- Project Type: Basic and Applied Science Facilities, Science + Technology, Vivaria
- Related Projects: Architecture, Life Sciences, Science & Technology, Vivaria