Diverging Diamond Interchanges
As increased travel demands strain roadway infrastructure, the need to provide more capacity is sometimes at odds with the impact of transportation improvements on existing developments.
Rapidly gaining acceptance in urban America, the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) concept can provide extra capacity in a reduced footprint. Though the newness and atypical design of the DDI can be intimidating, HDR's experience allows you to approach your project with confidence.
HDR will help you make a more informed decision by:
- Introducing the DDI concept
- Comparing the DDI to more traditional interchange designs
- Discussing DDI pros and cons
- Answering DDI FAQs
- Providing preliminary design layouts
- Performing detailed simulation analysis
Contact us to help you evaluate if a DDI is right for your community.