2022 HDR Scholarship Program – Building Engineering Services
BES Scholarship Details
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- Must be enrolled in an electrical, mechanical, civil or other engineering degree program focused on building engineering. Candidates must have at least one year remaining before completing an undergraduate or graduate degree to qualify.
- Willing to accept an HDR internship. Internships are subject to health restrictions and workload.
- Official documentation from your school demonstrating your enrollment (acceptance letter, schedule or other document showing enrollment)
- Essay questions: Please copy each question into a Word document with your corresponding response, and be prepared to upload at the end of your application.
- Required (Waiting on questions)
- Applicant Chooses Two (Waiting on questions)
Our BES Experience
Learn more about our experience, services, insights and related projects.
Please read the FAQ below. If you have additional questions, please Meisha.Jackson [at] hdrinc.com (subject: 2022%20BES%20Scholarship) (contact us).
Q. I’m graduating in spring 2022, am I eligible?
A. If you have graduated by June 2022 with no plan to continue your education in fall 2022, you are not eligible for the scholarship.
Q. I already have an internship, am I still eligible?
A. You must be able to complete an internship in summer 2022 or fall 2022 to be eligible. If you are unable to commit to that, you are not eligible.
Q. When is the deadline to apply?
A. November 12, 2021
Q. Can you provide more information on the internship?
A. Here are the details:
- Start and end dates are flexible based on your eligibility. The intent is for this to be a summer internship. We make exceptions for fall internships.
- Location will be determined on a case by case basis. On the application you will be asked which locations you will realistically be able to intern.
- HDR does not provide housing or transportation expenses for internships.
- Internships are paid, in addition to the $10,000 USD award.
Q. Are foreign nationals eligible?
Q. Is there a word limit or required range on the essays?
Q. I don’t have my graduate GPA, what should I use?
A. Please enter the most recent cumulative GPA.
Q. When will I hear back regarding my candidacy?
A. All candidates will be notified in January 2022.
Candidate Timeline 2021/2022
- November 12 – Application deadline
- November and December – Candidate submissions are reviewed
- January – All candidates notified of the selection. You will receive a phone call to the number you provided on your application. If we are unable to reach you, you will receive an email to the account you provided on your application.