Letter of Intent Instructions
To begin the process for the HDR Foundation’s 2019 large grant cycle, each nonprofit applicant must submit a letter of intent. This step is designed to collect basic information about your proposed project to help HDR Foundation staff identify and advance only those projects that present the best alignment with our funding priorities.
After your LOI is reviewed, you will be notified by email if your organization is invited to continue with the application process. Please limit your LOI to one page. No other documentation is required at this time.
Answer the following seven questions, in the order presented below:
- Are you a U.S.-based 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization, federally recognized tribal government, public educational institution, or a recognized political subdivision such as school districts or library?
- What is your organization mission: limit to one to two sentences.
- What do you seek funding for? In a paragraph or less, tell us what you need and why.
- Provide basic information on what will be purchased.
- Explain how your project aligns with one or more of HDR Foundation’s funding priorities. Limit to one or two sentences.
- Provide the name of your HDR employee sponsor. Please include short description of his/her/their involvement with your organization.
- List past funding you have received from the HDR Foundation, if any.
If your organization is selected to move forward with the full application, a full application submittal is required.
As a reminder, the HDR Foundation does not provide any administrative/operational/overhead or event support. We fund discrete projects that have the potential to make a broad, sustainable impact. We show preference to projects that have a defined implementation timeline and no/very few barriers to project completion within the one-year funding period.
Nonprofit applicants should submit a one-page LOI via email to HDRFoundation [at] hdrinc.com with the subject line “Large Grant LOI” by midnight (CST) on August 23, 2019. Please cc your HDR employee sponsor on the LOI submission email.