Our Grant Application Process
What You Need to Know to Apply
What You’ll Need to Complete the Application
- A copy of your organization’s IRS determination letter and Form W-9
- Your organization’s audited financial statement or IRS Form 990
- Your organization’s operational budget
- A spreadsheet with an itemized budget for your request (including breakdown details)
- A letter of support from an HDR employee sponsor
- A concise problem statement (no more than 1-2 sentences)
- A high-level project summary (no more than 500 words)
- Information on all sources of funding for your project
- A clear idea of what success looks like and how you will measure it
- Preference is shown to fund organizations where an HDR employee is highly engaged in a volunteer capacity.
- The HDR Foundation does not provide operational (overhead) support. For more information visit, AccountingTools.com.
- We prefer discrete projects with the potential for lasting impact.
- We do not fund individual scholarships, fundraising events, faith-based organizations, religious programming, non-U.S. based non-profits, beauty pageants, sporting events, or matching campaigns.
Large Grant Cycle: Key Dates and Information
Any request totaling more than $15,000 is to be considered during our annual large grant cycle. All of our basic eligibility rules apply.
Key Dates for 2019 Large Grants
- July 29-August 23, 2019: Letter of Intent Submissions Accepted
- November 2019: Final Funding Decisions
Small Grant Cycle: Key Dates and Information
Any request totaling less than $15,000 should be considered during one of our two annual small grant cycles.
Small Grant Cycle No. 1
- Applications accepted Jan. 23 - Feb. 13, 2019, final funding decisions in April 2019.
Small Grant Cycle No. 2
- Applications accepted April 24 - May 15, 2019, final funding decisions in June 2019.
Please email HDRFoundation [at] hdrinc.com for more information.