Director Government & Defence
Paul leads HDR’s Government and Defence Business from the Brisbane Office. In addition to his sector leadership and Defence client management responsibilities Paul overseas project delivery as a project director.
As a former Army officer and Disaster Management specialist Paul is passionate about ensuring operational requirements are understood and clients get the infrastructure they need to perform their missions.
Paul is an experienced Construction Engineer, Project and Program Manager and Senior Executive. He has over 25 years of experience in the Australian Army, Queensland Government and industry delivering projects and programs in extremely complex environments both within Australia and overseas, including:
- Managing the design and construction of large complex facilities
- Managing and maintaining large disbursed built infrastructure portfolios
- Delivering large state-wide capital building programs
- Complex public sector procurement of major assets
- Managing vehicle and equipment fleets
- Leading and managing operational deployments of people and equipment, including disaster and humanitarian assistance responses
Paul is a Fellow of Engineers Australia and is the Past Chair and current committee member of the Queensland chapter of the Australian Society of Defence Engineering.