Owens to Co-Direct Principles & Practices of Biosafety Course
HDR's Jeff Owens, Principal Laboratory Planner, is serving as co-director and one of the instructors for the upcoming Principles & Practices of Biosafety course given by ABSA International, the Association for Biosafety and Biosecurity. The week-long course will introduce the essential elements of biosafety.
- Molecular Biology
- Introduction to Pathogenic Microbiology
- Risk Assessment
- Human Source Materials & Mammalian Cell Lines
- Research Animals & Allergens
- Biocontainment Equipment
- Biocontainment Facilities
- Biocontainment Practices
- Biocontainment Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency Response
- Shipment &Transfer of Biological Materials
- Strategies for Effective Biosafety Management & Communication
This is Jeff's tenth year being involved with the course and his fifth year serving as co-director.