HDR Awards Scholarships to Students Making A Positive Impact in Sustainability, Architecture and Engineering
The pandemic sidelined a lot of opportunities for students in 2020, but HDR’s Scholarship Program is helping to make sure all is not lost. Seven students each received a $10,000 scholarship that can be used to offset graduate school costs. They also will participate in virtual mentoring opportunities with HDR employees this fall.
“HDR’s Scholarship Program provides a conduit to engage the future of our industry and marks the beginning of a relationship with the next generation of engineers,” said David Wong, a 2020-2021 school relationship manager and roadway design section manager in HDR’s Rosemont, Illinois, office. “We have benefited by being able to share HDR’s incredible story to a wide audience, and as a result, have established a strong multiyear pipeline for future entry-level hires and interns.”
- Nusrat, an architectural student with a focus on sustainability
- Ian, an architecture student
- De’Von, a civil engineering student focused on transportation
- Lindsay, a civil engineering student focused on structural engineering
- Sophie, an environmental engineering student focused on water
- Christian, an environmental engineering student focused on water
- Chris, a civil engineering student focused on structural engineering
For over a century, HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our expertise spans more than 10,000 employees in more than 200 locations around the world — and counting. Our engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services bring an impressive breadth of knowledge to every project. Our optimistic approach to finding innovative solutions defined our past and drives our future. For more information, please visit www.hdrinc.com.