HDR Bridge Experts Showcase Design, Planning and Rehabilitation Expertise at ESWP International Bridge Conference
Nine HDR bridge professionals are presenting at this year’s virtual Engineer’s Society of Western Pennsylvania International Bridge Conference, a pre-eminent event for the global bridge industry. Technical sessions and workshops during the five-day conference will cover the full breadth of bridge planning, design, construction and rehabilitation.
Starting on Monday, June 7, HDR’s bridge experts will lead seven sessions at the conference, addressing bridge resiliency, seismic mitigation techniques, accelerated bridge construction and more. Citing projects in Pennsylvania, California, Illinois, West Virginia and elsewhere, the HDR professionals will offer real-world examples of innovative bridge design and improved outcomes for our clients.
Highlights include a discussion of the automated people mover under construction at Los Angeles International Airport, a neighborhood redevelopment project involving an urban cap over an interstate in Pittsburgh and key bridge replacement programs in multiple states. Below is a full listing of HDR presentations at the ESWP International Bridge Conference:
- Creating a Park over an Interstate: Design of Pittsburgh’s Urban Cap Project | Nick Burdette, P.E., and Roger Eaton, P.E.
- Creating a Park over an Interstate: Construction of a 3-acre Green Space in Downtown Pittsburgh | Kyle Smith, P.E.
- Workshop: Los Angeles World Airports Automated People Mover – Elevated Guideway | Chester Werts, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.; Greg Knutson, P.E., S.E.; and Anthony Messmer, P.E., S.E.
- Planning and Design of the I-294 Mile Long Bridge | Lance Peterman, Jr., P.E., S.E.
- Design and Construction of the Fulton Bridges | Matthew Bunner, P.E.
- Sellersville Truss Rehabilitation: A Bridge Worth Saving | Brian Watson, P.E.
With more than 600 bridge specialists, our global experience includes more than five decades of industry-leading research and work on steel girder bridges, and encompasses design and renovation of movable and complex bridges, major river crossings, historical bridges and interchanges. We also offer planning, design and construction services for structures at airports, heavy rail and transit and ports.
Learn more about HDR’s award-winning bridges and structures practice.