HDR Earns 2021 Engineering News-Record Regional Awards
Several HDR projects received recognition from the ENR Regional Best Projects 2021 Awards. The award program is dedicated to honoring the best construction projects and the companies that designed and built them in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Projects competed in 20 specialized categories covering a wide range of facilities and infrastructure. ENR's 10 regional editions judged the projects using five criteria, including safety, innovation and teamwork.
Projects deemed best in category will automatically compete in the national Best of the Best Projects competition, where winners will be announced in early 2022.
The winning projects to date include:
- U.S. 101 Deck Replacement at Alemany Circle- Best Project, Highway/Bridge; Northern California Project of the Year Finalist
- Back River Wastewater Treatment Plant - Best Project, Water/Environment
- Little Patuxent Water Reclamation Plant Biosolids Addition - Award of Merit, Water/Environment
- West Riverside Energy Center - Best Project, Energy/Industrial
- Lincoln Biogas/Theresa Street Water Resource Recovery Facility Biogas Conditioning System - Award of Merit, Water/Environment
- Intermountain Spanish Fork Hospital - Best Project, Health Care
- Roxbury Fish Culture Station - Best Project, Small Project (Under $10 Million)
- Glenn Highway Phase 1 & 2 - Best Project, Highway/Bridge; Northwest Project of the Year Finalist
- Tumwater Falls Hatchery - Award of Merit, Small Project (Under $10 Million)
- Rodney Cook Sr. Park in Vine City - Award of Merit, Landscape/Urban Development
- Tres Rios Water Reclamation Facility Nutrient Recovery Project - Award of Merit, Excellence in Sustainability