Leila Zheng Among ENR's 2022 National Top 20 Under 40
Leila Zheng, P.E., a bridge engineer working in Olympia, Washington, has been selected as one of Engineering News-Record's 2022 National Top 20 Under 40. This is the culmination of ENR’s annual Top Young Professionals program, which recognizes outstanding young construction and design professionals in the U.S., specifically highlighting individuals under the age of 40 who represent the industry’s top rising leaders.
Zheng is HDR’s transportation alternative delivery resource manager and has extensive experience in delivering large-scale infrastructure programs such as the Governor Mario M. Cuomo bridge and Ontario Line Subway. Her passion for improving processes and developing better workflows means she is highly sought after on large projects, where she contributes ideas and trains others to deliver work more efficiently. Zheng also finds time to regularly volunteer for a local shelter, work with STEM programs at nearby schools, and support environmental awareness as a certified teacher on recycling and composting.
In addition to Zheng, 11 other HDR young professionals were named as ENR regional Top Young Professionals. Honorees were judged on three primary criteria: industry experience and education, career and industry leadership, and community service and involvement.
All winners will be profiled in their respective regional ENR publications in 2022. ENR will also honor Zheng and the new class of winners at the Top Young Professionals Conference at the end of February.
Other HDR regional winners include:
- Christina Alito, Ph.D., P.E. | Drinking Water Treatment Lead | Vienna, VA | ENR MidAtlantic
- Jason Kerns, P.E., CDT, DBIA | Wastewater Market Sector Leader | Newport News, VA | ENR MidAtlantic
- Sebastian Smoot, P.E. | Mechanical Process Engineer | Fulton, MD | ENR MidAtlantic
- Erin Rooney, P.E., CFM | Coastal Project Manager | Metairie, LA | ENR Texas & Louisiana
- Emily Hyland | Resources Strategic Communications Director | Minneapolis, MN | ENR Midwest
- Jon Markt, P.E., RSP1 | Traffic Engineer/Transportation Planner | Omaha, NE | ENR Midwest
- Jennie Celik, P.E. | Water Client Development Lead | Cleveland, OH | ENR Midwest
- Jonathan Williams, P.E., LEED AP BD+C | Deputy Water Business Group Operations Manager | Winston-Salem, NC | ENR Southeast
- Monica Peterson | Environmental Scientist | Denver, CO | ENR Mountain States
- Sean Everett, P.E. | Team Leader/Project Manager | Missoula, MT | ENR Mountain States
- Jessica Adams-Weber, P.E. | MO/KS Area Water Client Development Leader | Kansas City, MO | ENR Midwest
For over a century, HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our expertise spans more than 10,000 employees in more than 200 locations around the world — and counting. Our engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services bring an impressive breadth of knowledge to every project. Our optimistic approach to finding innovative solutions defined our past and drives our future. For more information, please visit www.hdrinc.com.